Supervisor, trainer held in Goregaon drowning case
Mumbai: A day after a seven-year-old boy drowned in a swimming pool in suburban Goregaon while taking swimming lessons, the supervisor and the trainer were arrested on the charge of causing death by negligence, police said.
"The swimming pool`s supervisor Salman Shaikh and the victim`s trainer Ignesh D`Costa were arrested under IPC Sections 304 (a) (causing death by negligence) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention)," said Arun Jadhav, senior inspector at Goregaon police station.
Yesterday evening, the victim, Aryan Parab, lost balance when he entered the danger zone, where the pool depth is more, while the trainer went to the other side at the Ozone swimming pool and activity Centre, run by Prabodhan, a non-profit making charitable organisation. The property where the Centre was started belonged to the civic body.
The trainer dived into the pool as soon as he realised that the boy was nowhere to be seen. However, water had already entered the boy`s lungs and he was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead before admission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire