Supporting Pranab does not mean backing Congress: Uddhav
Mumbai: Support to UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee does not mean Shiv Sena is backing Congress, the party`s executive president Uddhav Thackeray said on Tuesday.
"...Yes, we have extended our support to Pranab Mukherjee as a Presidential candidate but this does not mean we support Congress," Uddhav said while addressing the party workers at the 46th Foundation Day of Shiv Sena at suburban Matunga.
While urging NDA to stay united, Uddhav said "there is a need for NDA to find a right path... Our opponent is prepared for war but we are still hesitating in unsheathing the sword...There is a need for strong unity if we want to win requisite number of votes".
Compounding further NDA`s problems, Shiv Sena today broke from opposition rank and announced its support for Mukherjee while suggesting a walkover for the Finance Minister for the top Constitutional post.
Asking NDA to exploit the "anti-Congress wave" in the country, Udhav said the need of the hour is to stay together and present a "right alternative" to the people.
Asking Shivsainiks to work for the party with renewed zeal, he said, "....2014 polls will be the culmination of all victories....We will have to win whichever elections that take place before the general elections".
He also exuded confidence that the mega alliance comprising Shiv Sena, BJP and RPI will win the 2014 Maharashtra assembly elections hands down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!