Supriya, Mayawati to address rallies in Nagpur
Nagpur: NCP MP Supriya Sule and BSP chief Mayawati will be in Nagpur this weekend to address their respective party rallies.
While youth leader Sule will be addressing a party womens` rally at the new indoor sports complex at Nelson Square on Bhopal Road tomorrow, Mayawati is set to address party workers at a state-level rally at Kasturchand Park on Sunday morning.
The NCP is expecting about 10,000-15,000 women workers to attend the convention, which will begin at 1 PM, according to city womens wing president Nutan Rewatkar.
Party State President Madhukar Pichad, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and several senior ministers including Home Minister R R Patil, Ministers of State for Information and Public Relations Fauzia Khan, State Womens` wing President Vidya Chavan are expected to attend the event.
The backdrop at the venue of Mayawati`s convention is the Red Fort and her posters with the Delhi monument in the background has already appeared on city streets as she is being projected by BSP as the future PM of the country.
BSP has 25 corporators in Municipal Corporation, four Zilla Parishad members, 27 Municipal Council members and 14 Panchayat Samiti members, thereby having a total strength of 170 elected representatives, a press release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi