Supriya Sule, Agatha Sangma in NCP Working Committee
New Delhi: Supriya Sule was on Tuesday brought in
as a member of the NCP Working Committee in clear signals by
party chief Sharad Pawar that his daughter will do politics at
the national level.
Pawar`s nephew Ajit Pawar, who is conspicuous by his
absence from the 19-member top decision-making body of the
NCP, is expected to concentrate on politics in Maharashtra.
A highlight of the re-constituted Working Committee is
that the NCP becomes the first national party which has two
father-daughter pairs in the top body as senior leader P A
Sangma is also part of it as so is his daughter Agatha.
While, Agatha is a two-term member of the Lok Sabha and
Union Minister of State for Rural Development, Supriya was
earlier a Rajya Sabha member and now represents Baramati in
the Lower House.
"You can draw your own conclusions. Right now there is no
such issue in our party," NCP general secretary D P Tripathi
said when asked whether Supriya`s elevation to the Working
Committee meant that she was the political heir to Pawar.
Tripathi, who was grilled over the absence of Ajit, a
leader in his own right, in the Working Committee, said he was
left out as several leaders from outside Maharashtra had to be
Ajit is a Cabinet Minister in the Congress-NCP government
in Maharashtra in-charge of Power and Water Resources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH