Supriya Sule, Mayawati to address rallies in Nagpur
Nagpur: NCP MP Supriya Sule and BSP chief Mayawati will be in Nagpur this weekend to address their respective party rallies.
While youth leader Sule will be addressing a rally at the new indoor sports complex at Nelson Square on Bhopal Road tomorrow, Mayawati is set to address party workers at a state-level rally at Kasturchand Park on Sunday morning.
The NCP is expecting about 10,000-15,000 women workers to attend the convention, which will begin at 1 PM, according to city womens wing president Nutan Rewatkar.
Party state president Madhukar Pichad, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and several senior ministers including Home Minister RR Patil, Ministers of State for Information and Public Relations Fauzia Khan, State Women’s wing president Vidya Chavan are expected to attend the event.
The backdrop at the venue of Mayawati`s convention is the Red Fort and her posters with the Delhi monument in the background has already appeared on city streets as she is being projected by BSP as the future PM of the country.
BSP has 25 corporators in Municipal Corporation, four Zilla Parishad members, 27 Municipal Council members and 14 Panchayat Samiti members, thereby having a total strength of 170 elected representatives, a press release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"