Supriya Sule meets Bal Thackeray, says thanks
Mumbai: Baramati MP and the daughter of
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Supriya Sule, on Sunday
met Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray at his residence here to
express gratitude for supporting Pawar after the attack on him
"This was a family visit. We have close relations with
the Thackerays for the last several years. I know Uddhav, Raj
from my birth. And after the incident in Delhi, the Thackerays
stood by us firmly," she said.
"I felt it was my duty to visit and express gratitude to
them on behalf of my family."
Pawar was slapped by a youth in New Delhi earlier this
week. It was condemned across the party lines, and Bal
Thackeray had said that the incident was reprehensible.
Asked if she carried any message from her father -- whose
party, NCP, is a partner in the ruling coalition with Congress
in Maharashtra -- for Bal Thackeray, Sule said, "Balasaheb is
like my uncle....My father can meet him directly. He would not
need me to be intermediary."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP