Supriya Sule meets Bal Thackeray, says thanks
Mumbai: Baramati MP and the daughter of
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Supriya Sule, on Sunday
met Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray at his residence here to
express gratitude for supporting Pawar after the attack on him
"This was a family visit. We have close relations with
the Thackerays for the last several years. I know Uddhav, Raj
from my birth. And after the incident in Delhi, the Thackerays
stood by us firmly," she said.
"I felt it was my duty to visit and express gratitude to
them on behalf of my family."
Pawar was slapped by a youth in New Delhi earlier this
week. It was condemned across the party lines, and Bal
Thackeray had said that the incident was reprehensible.
Asked if she carried any message from her father -- whose
party, NCP, is a partner in the ruling coalition with Congress
in Maharashtra -- for Bal Thackeray, Sule said, "Balasaheb is
like my uncle....My father can meet him directly. He would not
need me to be intermediary."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state