Supriya Sule meets Bal Thackeray, says thanks
Mumbai: Baramati MP and the daughter of
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Supriya Sule, on Sunday
met Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray at his residence here to
express gratitude for supporting Pawar after the attack on him
"This was a family visit. We have close relations with
the Thackerays for the last several years. I know Uddhav, Raj
from my birth. And after the incident in Delhi, the Thackerays
stood by us firmly," she said.
"I felt it was my duty to visit and express gratitude to
them on behalf of my family."
Pawar was slapped by a youth in New Delhi earlier this
week. It was condemned across the party lines, and Bal
Thackeray had said that the incident was reprehensible.
Asked if she carried any message from her father -- whose
party, NCP, is a partner in the ruling coalition with Congress
in Maharashtra -- for Bal Thackeray, Sule said, "Balasaheb is
like my uncle....My father can meet him directly. He would not
need me to be intermediary."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra