Supriya Sule says won`t contest Assembly polls in Maharashtra
Nagpur: NCP leader and MP Supriya Sule on Saturday said she would not be contesting Assembly polls in Maharashtra and will be seeking re-election from her Parliamentary constituency.
"There is no vacancy in the state," she told reporters when asked if she plans to contest Assembly polls, due next year, in Maharashtra.
The daughter of Union Minister and NCP President Sharad Pawar said she will seek re-election from Baramati Lok Sabha constituency in Western Maharashtra.
Earlier, addressing a large gathering at a women`s convention here, the NCP youth leader demanded 33 per cent reservation in seats for women in the state Assemblies and Lok Sabha.
Sule called for formulating a new policy for women in Maharashtra, where her party is in power in alliance with Congress, in view of changes at work places and also at the social front.
Sule is touring Maharashtra to mobilise women on various issues.
State ministers Fauzia Khan, Anil Deshmukh and NCP leaders like Madhukar Pichad, Vidya Chavan and Surekha Thakre, among others were present at the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!