Supriya Sule says won`t contest Assembly polls in Maharashtra
Nagpur: NCP leader and MP Supriya Sule on Saturday said she would not be contesting Assembly polls in Maharashtra and will be seeking re-election from her Parliamentary constituency.
"There is no vacancy in the state," she told reporters when asked if she plans to contest Assembly polls, due next year, in Maharashtra.
The daughter of Union Minister and NCP President Sharad Pawar said she will seek re-election from Baramati Lok Sabha constituency in Western Maharashtra.
Earlier, addressing a large gathering at a women`s convention here, the NCP youth leader demanded 33 per cent reservation in seats for women in the state Assemblies and Lok Sabha.
Sule called for formulating a new policy for women in Maharashtra, where her party is in power in alliance with Congress, in view of changes at work places and also at the social front.
Sule is touring Maharashtra to mobilise women on various issues.
State ministers Fauzia Khan, Anil Deshmukh and NCP leaders like Madhukar Pichad, Vidya Chavan and Surekha Thakre, among others were present at the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced