Sushilkumar Shinde is pride of people, says Pawar
Solapur: Sharad Pawar, whose NCP is an important constituent of Congress-led UPA government, today appealed to party workers to ensure victory of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde from Solapur seat in upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"...It is a pride for people of Solapur that a person among them has become Home Minister of India and also the Leader of House in Lok Sabha...I appeal to you to elect him again," the Union Agriculture Minister told a joint meeting of Congress and NCP workers in Pandharpur near here. Shinde was also present at the meeting.
The camaraderie between two seasoned politicians is no secret as Shinde had earlier this year described Pawar as his "political guru", saying he would be happy to see the NCP chief becoming Prime Minister.
Pawar said the Democratic Front government will seek permission of Election Commission to see whether any help can be extended to farmers in Maharashtra, whose crop is damaged by unseasonal rains and hailstorm at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress