Sushilkumar Shinde is pride of people, says Pawar
Solapur: Sharad Pawar, whose NCP is an important constituent of Congress-led UPA government, today appealed to party workers to ensure victory of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde from Solapur seat in upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"...It is a pride for people of Solapur that a person among them has become Home Minister of India and also the Leader of House in Lok Sabha...I appeal to you to elect him again," the Union Agriculture Minister told a joint meeting of Congress and NCP workers in Pandharpur near here. Shinde was also present at the meeting.
The camaraderie between two seasoned politicians is no secret as Shinde had earlier this year described Pawar as his "political guru", saying he would be happy to see the NCP chief becoming Prime Minister.
Pawar said the Democratic Front government will seek permission of Election Commission to see whether any help can be extended to farmers in Maharashtra, whose crop is damaged by unseasonal rains and hailstorm at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH