Sushilkumar Shinde is pride of people, says Pawar
Solapur: Sharad Pawar, whose NCP is an important constituent of Congress-led UPA government, today appealed to party workers to ensure victory of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde from Solapur seat in upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"...It is a pride for people of Solapur that a person among them has become Home Minister of India and also the Leader of House in Lok Sabha...I appeal to you to elect him again," the Union Agriculture Minister told a joint meeting of Congress and NCP workers in Pandharpur near here. Shinde was also present at the meeting.
The camaraderie between two seasoned politicians is no secret as Shinde had earlier this year described Pawar as his "political guru", saying he would be happy to see the NCP chief becoming Prime Minister.
Pawar said the Democratic Front government will seek permission of Election Commission to see whether any help can be extended to farmers in Maharashtra, whose crop is damaged by unseasonal rains and hailstorm at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble