Sushilkumar Shinde is pride of people, says Pawar
Solapur: Sharad Pawar, whose NCP is an important constituent of Congress-led UPA government, today appealed to party workers to ensure victory of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde from Solapur seat in upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"...It is a pride for people of Solapur that a person among them has become Home Minister of India and also the Leader of House in Lok Sabha...I appeal to you to elect him again," the Union Agriculture Minister told a joint meeting of Congress and NCP workers in Pandharpur near here. Shinde was also present at the meeting.
The camaraderie between two seasoned politicians is no secret as Shinde had earlier this year described Pawar as his "political guru", saying he would be happy to see the NCP chief becoming Prime Minister.
Pawar said the Democratic Front government will seek permission of Election Commission to see whether any help can be extended to farmers in Maharashtra, whose crop is damaged by unseasonal rains and hailstorm at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Shocking! Death-defying train stunt performed by youngsters in Mumbai - Watch video
- Shooter Heena Sidhu misses out on final berth
- Bangladesh bowling coach: BCB may have expressed interest looking at my credentials, says Venkatesh Prasad
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics