Suspected LeT operative sent to ATS custody till Sept 29
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Tuesday sent
alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Aslam alias Saleem,
arrested by the Delhi police last month, to the custody of
Anti-Terror Squad till September 29 in connection with the
Aurangabad arms haul case.
Saleem, arrested from New Delhi Railway Station on August
25, was handed over to ATS and produced before a special
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court here.
"Saleem has been sent to ATS custody till September 29
and the ATS wants to ascertain his alleged role in the 2006
Aurangabad arms haul case and to see whether he is involved in
any other criminal case here," ATS counsel Raja Thakare said.
The Delhi police recovered explosives and devices while
Saleem was boarding a train to Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack