Suspected LeT operative sent to ATS custody till Sept 29
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Tuesday sent
alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Aslam alias Saleem,
arrested by the Delhi police last month, to the custody of
Anti-Terror Squad till September 29 in connection with the
Aurangabad arms haul case.
Saleem, arrested from New Delhi Railway Station on August
25, was handed over to ATS and produced before a special
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court here.
"Saleem has been sent to ATS custody till September 29
and the ATS wants to ascertain his alleged role in the 2006
Aurangabad arms haul case and to see whether he is involved in
any other criminal case here," ATS counsel Raja Thakare said.
The Delhi police recovered explosives and devices while
Saleem was boarding a train to Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened