Suspected LeT operative sent to ATS custody till Sept 29
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Tuesday sent
alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Aslam alias Saleem,
arrested by the Delhi police last month, to the custody of
Anti-Terror Squad till September 29 in connection with the
Aurangabad arms haul case.
Saleem, arrested from New Delhi Railway Station on August
25, was handed over to ATS and produced before a special
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court here.
"Saleem has been sent to ATS custody till September 29
and the ATS wants to ascertain his alleged role in the 2006
Aurangabad arms haul case and to see whether he is involved in
any other criminal case here," ATS counsel Raja Thakare said.
The Delhi police recovered explosives and devices while
Saleem was boarding a train to Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi