Suspected MNS workers ransack theatre screening Bhojpuri film
Thane: Over a dozen suspected workers of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) vandalised a theatre here on Tuesday, protesting against the screening of a Bhojpuri film, police said.
The group of party workers barged into the cinema hall named `Chitralaya`, which screened the film `Ek Bihari Sau Pe Bhari` and then started vandalising it, they said.
Following the incident, there was chaos inside the theatre as members of the audience ran out. However, the situation was brought under control immediately, police claimed.
Police have registered an offence under various sections of the IPC.
The incident has taken place against the backdrop of MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s threat to brand Biharis as "infiltrators" and force them out of Maharashtra if authorities in Bihar took legal action against Mumbai policemen, who had picked up a teenager, involved in Azad Maidan violence, without informing their counterparts in that state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr