Suspected Sena members vandalise NCP office, attack workers
Thane: Suspected Shiv Sena members on Tuesday allegedly ransacked an NCP office situated in Wagle Estate area of the city and also thrashed some party workers present there, police said.
The attack came within days after city NCP vice-president Nilesh Sadhu filed a complaint with police against local Shiv Sena activist Ravi alias Macchi Hevoor for allegedly burning down a banner of NCP office in the area on Sunday night, they said.
Hevoor was arrested and later released on bail.
According to the complaint filed by NCP, Hevoor along with a handful of party workers, vandalised the office and also attacked NCP workers present there, police said.
An offence has been registered under various sections of IPC in this regard, but no arrest was made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’