Suspected Sena members vandalise NCP office, attack workers
Thane: Suspected Shiv Sena members on Tuesday allegedly ransacked an NCP office situated in Wagle Estate area of the city and also thrashed some party workers present there, police said.
The attack came within days after city NCP vice-president Nilesh Sadhu filed a complaint with police against local Shiv Sena activist Ravi alias Macchi Hevoor for allegedly burning down a banner of NCP office in the area on Sunday night, they said.
Hevoor was arrested and later released on bail.
According to the complaint filed by NCP, Hevoor along with a handful of party workers, vandalised the office and also attacked NCP workers present there, police said.
An offence has been registered under various sections of IPC in this regard, but no arrest was made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India