Suspended tehsildar surrenders, sent to judicial custody
Thane (Maha): Suspended tehsildar of Karjat in Raigad district today surrendered before the ACB officials and was sent to two days judicial custody by a special court in Alibagh.
Raigad unit of Anti-Corruption Bureau had in June this year registered a case of disproportionate assets against tehsildar Yuvraj K Bangar, who is currently under suspension, and has been ever since evading arrest.
Bangar had approached the Alibagh district court for bail, which was rejected and later filed a bail plea at the Bombay High Court. High Court also rejected the bail yesterday, following which he surrendered before the ACB today, Superintendent of Police ACB Thane Srinivas Ghatge said.
Earlier, last year in October Bangar was trapped by ACB sleuths while accepting a bribe of Rs 5 lakh from a quarry owner, Ghatge said, adding, cash Rs 3.50 lakh, 1.50 kgs gold was also recovered from his residence.
Papers related to purchase of flat, car and a fixed deposit of Rs 20 lakhs on the name of his daughter, was also found. After investigation, disproportionate wealth of Rs 58.28
lakhs was found, he said.
An offence was registered with the Karjat police station against Bangar under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users