`Swabhimaan` job fair for 26/11 victims’ kin
Mumbai: In a novel way to pay tributes to
the victims of the Mumbai terror attacks, NGO Swabhimaan
Sanghathana, led by Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan
Rane`s son Nitesh, on Saturday conducted a job fair for kin of the
26/11 victims and also ordinary Mumbaikars.
The fair was held at Agripada, Mumbai Central and
showcased almost 4000 employment opportunities in different
sectors, a spokesperson for the organisation said.
The event was also open to Mumbaikars who could not make
it to the job fair held by Swabhiman last month, he said.
"Swabhimaan Sanghathana felt the need to organise a job
fair for the families of the innocent people who lost their
lives in the terrorist attack," Nitesh said.
With an objective to provide aid to these families,
Swabhimaan Sanghathana joined hands with high end brands to
offer the victims’ families and Mumbaikars permanent jobs with
a good pay package, he said.
The jobs offered are in sectors like banking, sales,
IT, administration, hospitality, securities, manufacturing
industry, counter sales dept and BPO.
Reshma Farukh Shaikh and Kohinoor Shaikh, sisters of
Noorul Islam Azaharmulla Shaikh who was killed at CST station
this day three years ago, were among the applicants.
"My brother was the sole bread winner of the family.
Through the job fair, we will be earning something for the
family," Reshma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside