`Swabhimaan` job fair for 26/11 victims’ kin
Mumbai: In a novel way to pay tributes to
the victims of the Mumbai terror attacks, NGO Swabhimaan
Sanghathana, led by Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan
Rane`s son Nitesh, on Saturday conducted a job fair for kin of the
26/11 victims and also ordinary Mumbaikars.
The fair was held at Agripada, Mumbai Central and
showcased almost 4000 employment opportunities in different
sectors, a spokesperson for the organisation said.
The event was also open to Mumbaikars who could not make
it to the job fair held by Swabhiman last month, he said.
"Swabhimaan Sanghathana felt the need to organise a job
fair for the families of the innocent people who lost their
lives in the terrorist attack," Nitesh said.
With an objective to provide aid to these families,
Swabhimaan Sanghathana joined hands with high end brands to
offer the victims’ families and Mumbaikars permanent jobs with
a good pay package, he said.
The jobs offered are in sectors like banking, sales,
IT, administration, hospitality, securities, manufacturing
industry, counter sales dept and BPO.
Reshma Farukh Shaikh and Kohinoor Shaikh, sisters of
Noorul Islam Azaharmulla Shaikh who was killed at CST station
this day three years ago, were among the applicants.
"My brother was the sole bread winner of the family.
Through the job fair, we will be earning something for the
family," Reshma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble