Swine flu scare: 12 cases detected in Pune
Pune: Detection of about 12 Swine flu
cases in the last fortnight has put the health authorities here on an alert, as two patients are reported to be in a critical condition.
While some of the cases have been detected in a
"pro-active" research survey, undertaken by the city-based
National Institute of Virology (NIV) in a locality here, other
non-specified areas, too, have reported H1N1 infections.
"While the cases detected by NIV are being treated as
outdoor patients without admission, other cases, which include
two critical ones, call for a greater surveillance, as Pune
had not reported any fatality on account of Swine flu in the
last year," Dr Pradip Awate, State swine flu surveillance
Two of the three critical patients, admitted to ICU in
different hospitals, were put on ventilator, health officials
General practitioners, treating seasonal influenza
cases, have been advised to screen patients for suspected H1N1
infections, they added.
Pune became the epicentre of swine flu cases since
recording the first fatality of the dreaded infection in 2009,
leading to vigorous surveillance measures that saw a
substantial reduction in its transmission.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on