Swine flu scare: 12 cases detected in Pune
Pune: Detection of about 12 Swine flu
cases in the last fortnight has put the health authorities here on an alert, as two patients are reported to be in a critical condition.
While some of the cases have been detected in a
"pro-active" research survey, undertaken by the city-based
National Institute of Virology (NIV) in a locality here, other
non-specified areas, too, have reported H1N1 infections.
"While the cases detected by NIV are being treated as
outdoor patients without admission, other cases, which include
two critical ones, call for a greater surveillance, as Pune
had not reported any fatality on account of Swine flu in the
last year," Dr Pradip Awate, State swine flu surveillance
Two of the three critical patients, admitted to ICU in
different hospitals, were put on ventilator, health officials
General practitioners, treating seasonal influenza
cases, have been advised to screen patients for suspected H1N1
infections, they added.
Pune became the epicentre of swine flu cases since
recording the first fatality of the dreaded infection in 2009,
leading to vigorous surveillance measures that saw a
substantial reduction in its transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere