Take note of loudspeakers atop mosques: Sena
Mumbai: Making light of a police case
against it for flouting the sound decibel limit laid down by the court for its Dussera rally here, the Shiv Sena Wednesday
asked why no action is taken against loudspeakers atop mosques.
"Loudspeakers blaring out `azaan` atop mosques in
Bhendi Bazar and Behrampada areas disturb sleep and studies of
children. Action should be taken against them also," an
editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana` said here.
Dadar police have booked the party workers for
flouting decibel limit laid down by the Bombay High Court as a
pre-condition for granting permission to Sunday`s Dussera
rally at Shivaji Park.
"The cacophony due to illegal migrants has crossed the
500 decibel level mark...We also know the law. Nobody should
teach us law. Law should respect our feelings, then we will respect law," the editorial said.
The Court had ruled that the party would be permitted
to go ahead with its annual rally at Shivaji Park, which is
now a silence zone, provided the speakers did not exceed the
50-decibel limit. The Sena also gave an undertaking in the Court to abide by the ruling.
Not only was the 50-decibel limit flouted but Sena
chief Bal Thackeray openly defied the court order when he
said, "No one can contain or stifle the Shiv Sena`s roar."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read