Talking to others for non-Cong, non-BJP option: Yechury
Nashik: CPM politburo member Sitaram Yechury today said here that his party was talking to other like-minded parties to provide a non-Congress and non-BJP alternative in the 2014 general elections.
He said while speaking to reporters at the Centre for Indian Trade Unions office here this evening.
Asked about the five-year-jail term for RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in fodder scam, Yechury said the law had taken its course.
On the controversial ordinance on tainted legislators, he said CPM was opposed to it from the outset, but Congress should explain its change of heart.
He also said that Narendra Modi-led BJP would not come to power in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- WATCH: 'We'll come to India to take revenge of Babri Masjid, Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar', threatens ISIS video
- Cricket fraternity congratulates new BCCI president Anurag Thakur
- Watch – Transgenders trying to steal baby in Delhi's Pacific mall
- Coldness grows between Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif – former couple not to work together anymore?
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water