Talking to others for non-Cong, non-BJP option: Yechury
Nashik: CPM politburo member Sitaram Yechury today said here that his party was talking to other like-minded parties to provide a non-Congress and non-BJP alternative in the 2014 general elections.
He said while speaking to reporters at the Centre for Indian Trade Unions office here this evening.
Asked about the five-year-jail term for RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in fodder scam, Yechury said the law had taken its course.
On the controversial ordinance on tainted legislators, he said CPM was opposed to it from the outset, but Congress should explain its change of heart.
He also said that Narendra Modi-led BJP would not come to power in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match
- Your depressed better-half can make you sad too!