Tanasha case: Arrested accused remanded to police custody
Mumbai: A gangster arrested from Uttar
Pradesh in connection with the murder of Farid Tanasha, a
close aide of Chhota Rajan gang, was today remanded to police
custody for five days by a special MCOCA court here, police
In a joint operation carried out by Mumbai Crime Branch
Police and Uttar Pradesh Police, Rahul Rai alias Osama was
yesterday arrested from near Badshahnagar Railway station in
Lucknow for his alleged role in the murder of Tanasha. He was
brought to Mumbai this morning.
The accused was charged with Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and produced before the special
court which remanded him to police custody till August 13.
Rahul`s name surfaced during the questioning of Zafar Ali
Alam alias Abbas, an alleged Bharat Nepali aide and one of the
11 arrested in connection with the murder.
Mumbai Police sought the custody of Rahul stating that he
had supplied firearms to Zafar, which were used for the
killing of Tanasha. Police said they want to know from where
he had procured the weapons and who others were involved in
On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by two sharp shooters at
his house in suburban Chembur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off