Tanasha case: Special MCOCA court extends police custody of 11
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court today extended
the police custody of 11 persons, arrested for allegedly
murdering Farid Tanasha, a close aide of gangster Chhota
Rajan, till July 26.
The court extended the remand after the prosecution
sought further custodial interrogation to ascertain the
whereabouts of the two wanted accused in the case.
"Investigations have revealed that one of the wanted
accused is lodged in a UP jail in connection with another
case. We are trying to find out the whereabouts of the other
wanted accused," public prosecutor Dilip Shah said.
All the 11 accused, including two builders, a hotelier
and a hawala operator were booked under the stringent
provisions of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act
(MCOCA) last week.
According to the crime branch department, rival gangster
Bharat Nepali had paid a supari (contract killing sum) of Rs 9
lakh to the arrested accused to gun down Tanasha.
Three of the accused, who are shooters- Zaffar Razi Aslam
Khan, Mohammad Saquib Khan and Ravi Prakash Sirumani - have
more than two chargesheets filed against them.
On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by sharp shooters at his
residence in suburban Tilak Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore