Tata Power claims to charge lowest power tariff in Mumbai
Mumbai: As the demand to reduce power tariff gaining momentum in Maharashtra, private utility Tata Power on Thursday claimed that its tariff is the lowest in the metropolis.
The company, which has a residential consumer base of 4.5 lakh in the city, charges a tariff of Rs 2.13 per unit from customers consuming power up to 100 units with a fixed charge of Rs 40 and Rs 3.62 per unit and fixed charge of Rs 75 for up to 300 units, the Tata Power Company (TPC) said in a statement issued here today.
It said that while Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) charges an average Rs 5.68 per unit within 250 units, BEST charges Rs 4.52.
RInfra has the largest number of low-end customers followed by BEST and TPC. While RInfra supplies power to over 18.8 lakh low-end households, TPC has 2.94 lakh customers and BEST 6.53 lakh.
The demand to reduce power tariff in Maharashtra gained momentum after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) announced a 50 per cent cut in electricity tariffs in Delhi soon after forming the government in December.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan today said the state government will soon make an announcement in connection with reduction of power tariff.
Elections to the Maharashtra Assembly are scheduled to held in September and October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened