Tawade booked for remarks against Chavan
Nagpur: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council and senior BJP leader Vinod Tawade has been booked for his alleged derogatory remarks against State Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan.
Acting on a complaint from one Devanand Pawar, General Secretary of Yavatmal District Congress Committee, the Yavatmal Police today said it has registered offence under section IPC 500 (criminal defamation) against Tawade.
Pawar in his complaint has alleged that Tawade during his visit to flood affected areas in Yavatmal on August 3 had criticised Chavan and made some offensive remarks.
Yavatmal Police Inspector Pralhad Giri today told PTI over phone that he had received necessary paper clippings of Tawade`s speech alongwith the copy of Pawar`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate