Tawade booked for remarks against Chavan
Nagpur: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council and senior BJP leader Vinod Tawade has been booked for his alleged derogatory remarks against State Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan.
Acting on a complaint from one Devanand Pawar, General Secretary of Yavatmal District Congress Committee, the Yavatmal Police today said it has registered offence under section IPC 500 (criminal defamation) against Tawade.
Pawar in his complaint has alleged that Tawade during his visit to flood affected areas in Yavatmal on August 3 had criticised Chavan and made some offensive remarks.
Yavatmal Police Inspector Pralhad Giri today told PTI over phone that he had received necessary paper clippings of Tawade`s speech alongwith the copy of Pawar`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America