Tawade booked for remarks against Chavan
Nagpur: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council and senior BJP leader Vinod Tawade has been booked for his alleged derogatory remarks against State Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan.
Acting on a complaint from one Devanand Pawar, General Secretary of Yavatmal District Congress Committee, the Yavatmal Police today said it has registered offence under section IPC 500 (criminal defamation) against Tawade.
Pawar in his complaint has alleged that Tawade during his visit to flood affected areas in Yavatmal on August 3 had criticised Chavan and made some offensive remarks.
Yavatmal Police Inspector Pralhad Giri today told PTI over phone that he had received necessary paper clippings of Tawade`s speech alongwith the copy of Pawar`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok