Tawade booked for remarks against Chavan
Nagpur: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council and senior BJP leader Vinod Tawade has been booked for his alleged derogatory remarks against State Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan.
Acting on a complaint from one Devanand Pawar, General Secretary of Yavatmal District Congress Committee, the Yavatmal Police today said it has registered offence under section IPC 500 (criminal defamation) against Tawade.
Pawar in his complaint has alleged that Tawade during his visit to flood affected areas in Yavatmal on August 3 had criticised Chavan and made some offensive remarks.
Yavatmal Police Inspector Pralhad Giri today told PTI over phone that he had received necessary paper clippings of Tawade`s speech alongwith the copy of Pawar`s complaint.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living