Tawade seeks CBI probe in alleged irregularities in MHADA land
Mumbai: Opposition Leader in Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawade has demanded a CBI probe into the alleged acquisition of Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) land by ministers and trusts of their relatives.
The BJP leader demanded this while reacting to a news published in a section of media today, which alleged that 20 hectares of land was sold at throwaway prices between 1999 and 2003, with politicians or their trusts as beneficiaries.
Tawade claimed he had raised the issue of allotment of MHADA land at prime locations by state government`s sub-committee to the trusts of ministers, on the floor of the House.
Present Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil, NCP MLA Nawab Malik, former Congress MLA Sayyed Ahmed and five other members were part of the sub-committee from 1999-2003. Sitting MLA Madhu Chavan was the MHADA chairman at that time.
"The sub-committee had sold 65 lands of MHADA at throwaway prices to their relatives and trusts," Tawade alleged here.
He said that he would once again raise the issue in the coming Monsoon Session of the state Assembly.
"We will force the government to table the action taken report," he said, adding that he would urge the government to protect the remaining tracts of land.
"As the ministers and MLAs are trying to cover up the issue, the matter should be handed over to the CBI," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read