Tawde demands rehabilitation affected by dam project
Thane: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council, Vinod Tawde has said the Lendhi Dam being constructed in the tribal taluka of Jawhar will not be allowed to be completed unless the state government meets the demands of those affected by the project.
While touring the tribal talukas of the district last evening, Tawde said he would take up the issue on priority during the next session of the legislature.
The work on the dam located at Hiradpada began three years back and is nearing completion.
Tawde alleged that the state government went ahead with the construction of the dam without providing proper rehabilitation to those affected by it.
While meeting the affected people, Tawde said he would not allow the pending work on the dam till the project affected are rehabilitated and given proper compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country