Tawde demands special session to decide on Adarsh panel findings
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council, Vinod Tawde on Thursday demanded a special session session of the Legislature to decide on findings of the Judicial Commission which probed the Adarsh housing society scam indicting several former Chief Ministers.
Tawde, while speaking to reporters, said he had written to Governor K Sankaranarayanan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan terming the discussion in the cabinet on the Adarsh issue as "unconstitutional".
"The report was tabled in the Legislature during the winter session in Nagpur and is now a property of the State Legislature. Any decision regarding the report should be taken in the Legislature. I have demanded a special session to be convened for the purpose. The state cabinet has no right to discuss the matter," Tawde said.
On December 20, the state cabinet had rejected the Adarsh panel report which had indicted several serving and retired bureaucrats as well as former chief ministers Ashok Chavan, late Vilasrao Deshmukh, Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar as well as Sushilkumar Shinde.
The cabinet decided to review its earlier decision after AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi publicly disapproved the state government`s decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked