Taxi, auto fares to go up in Mumbai from midnight today
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday allowed the state government to hike auto and taxi fares in Mumbai.
As per reports, the minimum fare on auto rickshaws will now be Rs 17, while taxis will charge a minimum of Rs 21.
The fares will come into effect from Tuesday midnight.
The court today disposed off a petition challenging the fare hike.
The fare hike was proposed by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Transport Authority (MMRTA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!