Teach Pakistan a lesson like 1965: Anna Hazare
Ralegan-Siddhi: Social activist Anna Hazare Thursday demanded that India should "teach Pakistan a lesson" like it did in 1965 for the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir.
"What they have done is simply unacceptable. How can they mutilate and take away the head of our soldier? This cannot be tolerated by any person," Hazare told reporters here.
"Pakistan seems to have forgotten the beating it took in the 1965 war with India. Don`t they remember how they begged for mercy when Lahore was bombed during that war? But on and off, it keeps raising its head against India. We want a repeat of 1965. Pakistan should be taught a lesson again," Hazare said.
The 75-year-old also expressed his willingness to go to the border and fight enemy soldiers.
Hazare served in the Indian Army for 12 years before he was honourably discharged from service in 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid