Teach Pakistan a lesson like 1965: Anna Hazare
Ralegan-Siddhi: Social activist Anna Hazare Thursday demanded that India should "teach Pakistan a lesson" like it did in 1965 for the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir.
"What they have done is simply unacceptable. How can they mutilate and take away the head of our soldier? This cannot be tolerated by any person," Hazare told reporters here.
"Pakistan seems to have forgotten the beating it took in the 1965 war with India. Don`t they remember how they begged for mercy when Lahore was bombed during that war? But on and off, it keeps raising its head against India. We want a repeat of 1965. Pakistan should be taught a lesson again," Hazare said.
The 75-year-old also expressed his willingness to go to the border and fight enemy soldiers.
Hazare served in the Indian Army for 12 years before he was honourably discharged from service in 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport