Teacher arrested for posting clip provoking attack on NE people
Pune: The cyber crime cell of the Pune police arrested a Mumbai-based teacher for allegedly uploading a clip on a website which provoked the attacks on north eastern students and people in Pune and other parts of the country last month.
"The teacher, Sharif Ahmed Bashir Siddiqui, of Kurar village in Malad (suburban Mumbai) had uploaded the clip from his home computer. The clip was named `Burma Riots Thrilling Pictures 2012`," Deputy Commissioner of Police (cyber crime) Sanjay Shinde said today.
"Siddiqui is a science graduate and teaches in a school at Dindoshi in Mumbai," he added.
The accused was hiding in the city and was arrested last evening, he said.
The doctored clip depicting violence in Burma was uploaded by the accused last month, police said.
The clip was later circulated on cell phones and was allegedly the reason behind the attacks on north east students in Pune and other parts of India last month which led to the exodus to their home states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read