Teacher arrested for posting clip provoking attack on NE people
Pune: The cyber crime cell of the Pune police arrested a Mumbai-based teacher for allegedly uploading a clip on a website which provoked the attacks on north eastern students and people in Pune and other parts of the country last month.
"The teacher, Sharif Ahmed Bashir Siddiqui, of Kurar village in Malad (suburban Mumbai) had uploaded the clip from his home computer. The clip was named `Burma Riots Thrilling Pictures 2012`," Deputy Commissioner of Police (cyber crime) Sanjay Shinde said today.
"Siddiqui is a science graduate and teaches in a school at Dindoshi in Mumbai," he added.
The accused was hiding in the city and was arrested last evening, he said.
The doctored clip depicting violence in Burma was uploaded by the accused last month, police said.
The clip was later circulated on cell phones and was allegedly the reason behind the attacks on north east students in Pune and other parts of India last month which led to the exodus to their home states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands