Teacher arrested for posting clip provoking attack on NE people
Pune: The cyber crime cell of the Pune police arrested a Mumbai-based teacher for allegedly uploading a clip on a website which provoked the attacks on north eastern students and people in Pune and other parts of the country last month.
"The teacher, Sharif Ahmed Bashir Siddiqui, of Kurar village in Malad (suburban Mumbai) had uploaded the clip from his home computer. The clip was named `Burma Riots Thrilling Pictures 2012`," Deputy Commissioner of Police (cyber crime) Sanjay Shinde said today.
"Siddiqui is a science graduate and teaches in a school at Dindoshi in Mumbai," he added.
The accused was hiding in the city and was arrested last evening, he said.
The doctored clip depicting violence in Burma was uploaded by the accused last month, police said.
The clip was later circulated on cell phones and was allegedly the reason behind the attacks on north east students in Pune and other parts of India last month which led to the exodus to their home states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday