Teacher arrested for posting clip provoking attack on NE people
Pune: The cyber crime cell of the Pune police arrested a Mumbai-based teacher for allegedly uploading a clip on a website which provoked the attacks on north eastern students and people in Pune and other parts of the country last month.
"The teacher, Sharif Ahmed Bashir Siddiqui, of Kurar village in Malad (suburban Mumbai) had uploaded the clip from his home computer. The clip was named `Burma Riots Thrilling Pictures 2012`," Deputy Commissioner of Police (cyber crime) Sanjay Shinde said today.
"Siddiqui is a science graduate and teaches in a school at Dindoshi in Mumbai," he added.
The accused was hiding in the city and was arrested last evening, he said.
The doctored clip depicting violence in Burma was uploaded by the accused last month, police said.
The clip was later circulated on cell phones and was allegedly the reason behind the attacks on north east students in Pune and other parts of India last month which led to the exodus to their home states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'