Teacher held for molesting 13-year-old girl student
Akola: A teacher attached to a Zilla Parishad school in the district was on Saturday arrested for allegedly outraging modesty of a 13-year-old girl student on the school premises, police said.
Ironically, Chandu Gotarkar was the recipient of ideal teacher award.
Police said the alleged incident took place on the premises of the school in Shirala village in Patur tehsil on Tuesday.
The Class VI student claimed that Gotarkar had molested her several times.
A case under section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of Indian Penal Code has been registered against the teacher after the girl`s mother filed a complaint against him.
Annoyed over the incident, villagers have demanded Gotarkar`s dismissal from service.
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues