Teacher held for molesting 13-year-old girl student
Akola: A teacher attached to a Zilla Parishad school in the district was on Saturday arrested for allegedly outraging modesty of a 13-year-old girl student on the school premises, police said.
Ironically, Chandu Gotarkar was the recipient of ideal teacher award.
Police said the alleged incident took place on the premises of the school in Shirala village in Patur tehsil on Tuesday.
The Class VI student claimed that Gotarkar had molested her several times.
A case under section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of Indian Penal Code has been registered against the teacher after the girl`s mother filed a complaint against him.
Annoyed over the incident, villagers have demanded Gotarkar`s dismissal from service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed