Teacher held for molesting tribal minor girls for three years
Gadchiroli: A school teacher was arrested on Thursday for allegedly outraging the modesty of three tribal minor girl students for three years, the police said.
Three girls of the local Shivaji High School, two of them studying in the ninth standard and one in the tenth standard, had lodged a complaint with police station here that their teacher Ganesh Wasu used to misbehave with them by calling them to the staff room and allegedly touching them, for three years.
"We tolerated this for a long time, but decided to teach him a lesson so that he should not repeat the ugly thing with other students," the aggrieved girls told reporters at a press conference here this afternoon, demanding stern action against the teacher.
Acting on the complaint, the police registered an offence against him under Section 354 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 3 (1) (12) of the Atrocities Act and arrested him.
Interestingly, the teacher was first booked under Section 509 and released on bail yesterday. But when the girls and the Adivasi Vidyarthi Sangh raised their voice, the police registered the case under more stringent sections and re-arrested the teacher.
Meanwhile, other teachers of the school claimed at a separate press conference that the girls` allegations are totally false and concocted.
They also claimed that arrested teacher has "a good moral character" and had no complaints against him so far. The girls complained because they feared failing in exams due to lack of sufficient attendance in school, they alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights