Teacher of zilla parishad school booked for molesting girl in Maharshtra
Gadchiroli: A teacher at Ashti village`s zilla parishad primary school in Chamorshi taluka has been booked by the Mulchera police for molesting a girl, the police said.
The accused teacher, one Santosh Shankarrao Uttarwar (38) was not arrested by the police till this report was filed.
Santosh allegedly entered the girl`s house at Ashti village last morning when she was alone, caught hold of the girl and spoke to her in indecent manner.
He allegedly forced the girl to let him in, but fled the spot after a female neighbour woman appeared on the scene.
When the girl`s parents returned home in the evening, she narrated the incident to them, after which her father lodged a complaint at the Ashti police outpost, which referred the case to the Mulchera police station.
The Mulchera police have registered an offence under Section 509 of the Indian Penal Code against the teacher and further investigations are on.
The girl`s father has demanded that a case under the Atrocities Act should be registered against the accused and he should be arrested immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!