Teacher of zilla parishad school booked for molesting girl in Maharshtra
Gadchiroli: A teacher at Ashti village`s zilla parishad primary school in Chamorshi taluka has been booked by the Mulchera police for molesting a girl, the police said.
The accused teacher, one Santosh Shankarrao Uttarwar (38) was not arrested by the police till this report was filed.
Santosh allegedly entered the girl`s house at Ashti village last morning when she was alone, caught hold of the girl and spoke to her in indecent manner.
He allegedly forced the girl to let him in, but fled the spot after a female neighbour woman appeared on the scene.
When the girl`s parents returned home in the evening, she narrated the incident to them, after which her father lodged a complaint at the Ashti police outpost, which referred the case to the Mulchera police station.
The Mulchera police have registered an offence under Section 509 of the Indian Penal Code against the teacher and further investigations are on.
The girl`s father has demanded that a case under the Atrocities Act should be registered against the accused and he should be arrested immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack