`Team Anna`s agenda was to abuse politicians`
Mumbai: Targeting the now disbanded Team Anna, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Wednesday said that their single-point agenda was to abuse politicians.
"At first they managed to fool the country. India has seen the effects of their success in fooling people," the 86-year-old Sena patriarch said in an editorial in the party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Ridiculing the decision to disband Team Anna, Thackeray said, "This should have been done much earlier. Their single point agenda was to heap abuses on politicians".
However, the question remains whether the team would reappear in another format, the Sena chief said.
Leave aside curbing corruption, the blabbering of Team Anna proved torturous for the people of the country, he said.
"However, with the disbanding of the team, people must be free of that headache. Even Anna Hazare must be feeling relieved," Thackeray quipped.
The country`s constitutional format was endangered due to Team Anna, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing