Tearful adieu to Lord Ganesh in Nashik
Nashik: Thousands of citizens on Sunday bode
a tearful adieu to Lord Ganesh as the eleven-day festival
culminated with fanfare.
Amid chants, drum beats and devotional fervour,
hundreds of idols were immersed at 27 different locations
dotting the Godavari river.
The main procession began from Wakadi Barav locality
of the Old City where city Mayor Naina Gholap-Walzade along
with the Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) Commissioner B D
Sanap, MPs, MLAs and other prominent citizens broke a coconut
in front of the NMC`s Ganesh idol at 1400 hours today.
Heavy security arrangements were in place at the
immersion procession passed through sensitive areas in various
parts of the city.
Besides small domestic idols, about 300 idols of
different Ganesh Mandals joined the main procession which will
culminate at river Godavari by late night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!