Tearful adieu to Lord Ganesh in Nashik
Nashik: Thousands of citizens on Sunday bode
a tearful adieu to Lord Ganesh as the eleven-day festival
culminated with fanfare.
Amid chants, drum beats and devotional fervour,
hundreds of idols were immersed at 27 different locations
dotting the Godavari river.
The main procession began from Wakadi Barav locality
of the Old City where city Mayor Naina Gholap-Walzade along
with the Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) Commissioner B D
Sanap, MPs, MLAs and other prominent citizens broke a coconut
in front of the NMC`s Ganesh idol at 1400 hours today.
Heavy security arrangements were in place at the
immersion procession passed through sensitive areas in various
parts of the city.
Besides small domestic idols, about 300 idols of
different Ganesh Mandals joined the main procession which will
culminate at river Godavari by late night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH