Techie murder case: Mumbai police detain four auto drivers
Chennai: Mumbai police had detained four suspects in connection with the murder of 23-year-old IT engineer.
The suspects are auto drivers and have been involved in criminal activities earlier also.
The partially decomposed body of 23-year-old Esther Anuhaya was found on January 16 near highway in Mumbai.
Employed with a software company, she was travelling back from her native place Andhra Pradesh after spending Christmas holidays with her family.
Police suspect that she was sexually assaulted before being murdered.
Father of the victim, S Jonathan Prasad, had met Union Home Ministe Sushilkumar Shinde for help. Shinde then wrote to Maharashtra home minister asking for a speedy probe.
Prasad is likely to meet AAP leaders in Delhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP