Techie murder case: Mumbai police detain four auto drivers
Chennai: Mumbai police had detained four suspects in connection with the murder of 23-year-old IT engineer.
The suspects are auto drivers and have been involved in criminal activities earlier also.
The partially decomposed body of 23-year-old Esther Anuhaya was found on January 16 near highway in Mumbai.
Employed with a software company, she was travelling back from her native place Andhra Pradesh after spending Christmas holidays with her family.
Police suspect that she was sexually assaulted before being murdered.
Father of the victim, S Jonathan Prasad, had met Union Home Ministe Sushilkumar Shinde for help. Shinde then wrote to Maharashtra home minister asking for a speedy probe.
Prasad is likely to meet AAP leaders in Delhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic