Techie murder case: Mumbai police detain four auto drivers
Chennai: Mumbai police had detained four suspects in connection with the murder of 23-year-old IT engineer.
The suspects are auto drivers and have been involved in criminal activities earlier also.
The partially decomposed body of 23-year-old Esther Anuhaya was found on January 16 near highway in Mumbai.
Employed with a software company, she was travelling back from her native place Andhra Pradesh after spending Christmas holidays with her family.
Police suspect that she was sexually assaulted before being murdered.
Father of the victim, S Jonathan Prasad, had met Union Home Ministe Sushilkumar Shinde for help. Shinde then wrote to Maharashtra home minister asking for a speedy probe.
Prasad is likely to meet AAP leaders in Delhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video