Teenage girl dumps newborn to die in Thane
Thane: A teenage girl has been booked for allegedly concealing the birth of her child and leaving him to die in the tribal dominated Mokhada taluka of the district.
On July 16, some residents of Kolsmseth village noticed the body of a new born in a field and alerted the police.
Police reached the spot and seized the body.
While probing the case, they came to know that a 17-year-old girl had recently delivered a baby boy in the area.
On interrogation, the girl confessed to have abandoned her son, born out of wedlock, on pressure from her parents as they wanted her to marry a person of their choice whereas she was in a relationship with another man.
The police booked the girl yesterday under section 318 of the IPC (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body).
"We have booked the accused and are waiting for her to recover before we arrest her. She is not well since she delivered the child," Mokhada police station inspector S K Walvi said.
"She will be interrogated thoroughly and we will try to reconcile her with family and also with the person whom she wants to marry," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference