Teenage girl dumps newborn to die in Thane
Thane: A teenage girl has been booked for allegedly concealing the birth of her child and leaving him to die in the tribal dominated Mokhada taluka of the district.
On July 16, some residents of Kolsmseth village noticed the body of a new born in a field and alerted the police.
Police reached the spot and seized the body.
While probing the case, they came to know that a 17-year-old girl had recently delivered a baby boy in the area.
On interrogation, the girl confessed to have abandoned her son, born out of wedlock, on pressure from her parents as they wanted her to marry a person of their choice whereas she was in a relationship with another man.
The police booked the girl yesterday under section 318 of the IPC (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body).
"We have booked the accused and are waiting for her to recover before we arrest her. She is not well since she delivered the child," Mokhada police station inspector S K Walvi said.
"She will be interrogated thoroughly and we will try to reconcile her with family and also with the person whom she wants to marry," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt