Teenage girl dumps newborn to die in Thane
Thane: A teenage girl has been booked for allegedly concealing the birth of her child and leaving him to die in the tribal dominated Mokhada taluka of the district.
On July 16, some residents of Kolsmseth village noticed the body of a new born in a field and alerted the police.
Police reached the spot and seized the body.
While probing the case, they came to know that a 17-year-old girl had recently delivered a baby boy in the area.
On interrogation, the girl confessed to have abandoned her son, born out of wedlock, on pressure from her parents as they wanted her to marry a person of their choice whereas she was in a relationship with another man.
The police booked the girl yesterday under section 318 of the IPC (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body).
"We have booked the accused and are waiting for her to recover before we arrest her. She is not well since she delivered the child," Mokhada police station inspector S K Walvi said.
"She will be interrogated thoroughly and we will try to reconcile her with family and also with the person whom she wants to marry," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...