Teenage girl dumps newborn to die in Thane
Thane: A teenage girl has been booked for allegedly concealing the birth of her child and leaving him to die in the tribal dominated Mokhada taluka of the district.
On July 16, some residents of Kolsmseth village noticed the body of a new born in a field and alerted the police.
Police reached the spot and seized the body.
While probing the case, they came to know that a 17-year-old girl had recently delivered a baby boy in the area.
On interrogation, the girl confessed to have abandoned her son, born out of wedlock, on pressure from her parents as they wanted her to marry a person of their choice whereas she was in a relationship with another man.
The police booked the girl yesterday under section 318 of the IPC (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body).
"We have booked the accused and are waiting for her to recover before we arrest her. She is not well since she delivered the child," Mokhada police station inspector S K Walvi said.
"She will be interrogated thoroughly and we will try to reconcile her with family and also with the person whom she wants to marry," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees