Teenaged boy held for raping two-and-half-year-old
Thane: A two-and-half-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by a teenager here, police said on Thursday.
The accused (13) has been detained, they said.
The incident happened last evening when the boy, working at a roadside eatery in Amerbath township of Thane, lured the girl on some pretext and took her to an isolated place where he allegedly raped her, Ambernath police station sub-inspector Manisha Mane said.
Both the accused and victim live at the Datta Nagar slum colony of Chikloli locality in Ambernath.
The girl returned home crying and told her mother about the assault after which she lodged a complaint with police.
An offence under section 376 (rape) of the IPC has been registered against the accused, police said, adding he has been sent for a medical examination to JJ hospital in Mumbai.
The victim has also been sent for medical examination, police said, adding further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!