Teenaged girl kidnapped, murdered in Maha village
Ratnagiri: A teenaged girl was allegedly kidnapped and later murdered by an unidentified man here, police said on Friday.
The 14-year-old victim was kidnapped by a person when she was returning home from school at Sangalat near Khed in Ratnagiri district yesterday.
Later, when the villagers searched for her they found the body, bearing wounds apparently inflicted by a sharp weapon.
A case has been registered in this regard, Khed police said, adding that a search for the killer was on while they were also trying to find out if the girl was sexually assaulted before being murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends