Teenager abused, forced to abort in Thane
Thane: Four persons including three women have been arrested on the charges of abusing a teenage girl and forcing her to abort, police said on Tuesday.
According to API Walmik Patil of Palghar police station, Sandeep Balwant, 36, a resident of Jiwdani Nagar of Palghar East was in a illicit relationship with the girl from the same locality following she became pregnant.
Balwant then threatened the girl into silence and forcibly took her to Vaishali Nursing Home and got their child aborted, the complaint by the victim`s mother said.
The complaint said that at the time of abortion in the hospital, besides the arrested accused, his two wives, sister in law and one more person was present in the hospital.
Based on the complaint, Balwant, his two wives Shama and Manisha and sister-in-law Salma in connection with the offence, police said.
Patil said the arrested have been charged under Sections 376, 317 and 318 of the IPC besides section 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual offences Act 2012. All the arrested were produced before the local magistrate who remanded them in police custody up to July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray