Teenager gang-raped in village near Nagpur
Nagpur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by a group of dacoits at a village near here, police said on Saturday.
A gang of 5-6 dacoits, in the age group of 25 to 30 years, struck at the huts in Nawargaon village under Kuhi taluka in Nagpur rural last night between 8 and 10 PM.
They beat up the inhabitants and later assaulted the girl, SP, Nagpur Rural, Manoj Sharma told a news agency.
The alleged dacoits seem to be from Pardhi community and a hunt has been launched to trace them, the SP said.
They had earlier also made dacoity attempts in nearby villages, he said. The victim was sent for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars