Teenager gang-raped in village near Nagpur
Nagpur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by a group of dacoits at a village near here, police said on Saturday.
A gang of 5-6 dacoits, in the age group of 25 to 30 years, struck at the huts in Nawargaon village under Kuhi taluka in Nagpur rural last night between 8 and 10 PM.
They beat up the inhabitants and later assaulted the girl, SP, Nagpur Rural, Manoj Sharma told a news agency.
The alleged dacoits seem to be from Pardhi community and a hunt has been launched to trace them, the SP said.
They had earlier also made dacoity attempts in nearby villages, he said. The victim was sent for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players