Teenager gang-raped in village near Nagpur
Nagpur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by a group of dacoits at a village near here, police said on Saturday.
A gang of 5-6 dacoits, in the age group of 25 to 30 years, struck at the huts in Nawargaon village under Kuhi taluka in Nagpur rural last night between 8 and 10 PM.
They beat up the inhabitants and later criminally assaulted the girl, SP, Nagpur Rural, Manoj Sharma told a news agency.
The alleged dacoits seem to be from Pardhi community and a hunt has been launched to trace them, the SP said.
They had earlier also made dacoity attempts in nearby villages, he said.
The victim was sent for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA