Teenager injured in leopard attack in Thane
Thane: A teenager was injured in an attack by a leopard in Bhiwandi town of Thane district, police said today.
14-year-old shepherd, Akshay Rose, was attacked by a leopard at Umarkhand in Bhiwandi near the Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary yesterday when he had gone to the forest with his herd, Shahapur police said.
Hearing the screams, his cousins, who were plucking vegetables in a nearby farm, ran to his rescue.
The victim, who suffered multiple injuries on his face and neck, was admitted to JJ Hospital in Mumbai, police said.
This is the third case of leopard attack in 15 days.
Five days back, a 40-year-old woman was killed by a leopard in the same area.
On July 16, Sanjana Thorat (7) was killed by a leopard when she stepped out of her Mulund home, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured