Teenager injured in leopard attack in Thane
Thane: A teenager was injured in an attack by a leopard in Bhiwandi town of Thane district, police said today.
14-year-old shepherd, Akshay Rose, was attacked by a leopard at Umarkhand in Bhiwandi near the Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary yesterday when he had gone to the forest with his herd, Shahapur police said.
Hearing the screams, his cousins, who were plucking vegetables in a nearby farm, ran to his rescue.
The victim, who suffered multiple injuries on his face and neck, was admitted to JJ Hospital in Mumbai, police said.
This is the third case of leopard attack in 15 days.
Five days back, a 40-year-old woman was killed by a leopard in the same area.
On July 16, Sanjana Thorat (7) was killed by a leopard when she stepped out of her Mulund home, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!