Teenager`s murder: Father of minor accused held
Mumbai: Father of one of the twelve minor accused, who were held earlier for thrashing a 16-year-old boy to death, has been arrested by police on Saturday for allegedly hatching the murder plan.
Police said that they have arrested Shivkumar Gosalkar (46) on the charge of conspiracy.
The victim, Ansh Agrawal, a college student, had a heated argument with a teenager in his locality in suburban Andheri on Tuesday night. Ansh had reportedly questioned the accused about his act of sending lewd messages to his (former`s) friend, police said.
Following this, the accused roped in his friends to seek revenge on Ansh. The friends of the accused were initially reluctant, but only when the accused told about his father`s contacts, they agreed to go with him. When the accused called up his father and told him about it, Gosalkar asked all of them to beat Ansh.
According to police, Gosalkar had assured his son`s friends not to worry about the consequences.
Twelve youngsters, some of them college students and minors, had been arrested on Wednesday in this connection. The victim had been thrashed with iron rods and bamboos, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III