Teenager`s murder: Father of minor accused held
Mumbai: Father of one of the twelve minor accused, who were held earlier for thrashing a 16-year-old boy to death, has been arrested by police on Saturday for allegedly hatching the murder plan.
Police said that they have arrested Shivkumar Gosalkar (46) on the charge of conspiracy.
The victim, Ansh Agrawal, a college student, had a heated argument with a teenager in his locality in suburban Andheri on Tuesday night. Ansh had reportedly questioned the accused about his act of sending lewd messages to his (former`s) friend, police said.
Following this, the accused roped in his friends to seek revenge on Ansh. The friends of the accused were initially reluctant, but only when the accused told about his father`s contacts, they agreed to go with him. When the accused called up his father and told him about it, Gosalkar asked all of them to beat Ansh.
According to police, Gosalkar had assured his son`s friends not to worry about the consequences.
Twelve youngsters, some of them college students and minors, had been arrested on Wednesday in this connection. The victim had been thrashed with iron rods and bamboos, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state