Telephone operator gang-rape case: Psychiatrist deposes in court
Mumbai: A psychiatrist who had examined the 18-year-old telephone operator after she was allegedly gang-raped on the premises of Shakti Mill compound here on July 31, recorded her statement in the court today.
"The psychiatrist had examined the girl who was very depressed and shocked after the gang-rape incident," said Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
Two witnesses including a police officer and a magistrate had yesterday deposed before the court in connection with the gang-rape case.
The police had arrested Mohammed Ashfaq Sheikh, Mohamed Kasim Hafiz Sheikh alias Kasim Bangali, Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, and a minor for allegedly gang-raping the telephone operator.
A charge sheet running into 362 pages was filed on October 8 against four accused, while the minor`s case was separated.
In a similar case in the same compound, a 22-year-old photojournalist, interning with a English magazine here, was allegedly gang-raped by five persons, including a juvenile whose trial is separated, when she had gone to the deserted mill compound with her male colleague on an assignment on August 22.
The accused had tied up the victim`s colleague with belts and raped her.
The accused Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Siraj Rehman have been charged with rape, conspiracy, common intention, unnatural sex and charges under Information Technology Act.
The Mumbai crime branch had on September 19 filed a 600-page charge sheet against the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday