Telephone operator gang-rape case: Victim completes deposition
Mumbai: The 18-year-telephone operator, who was allegedly gang-raped at the Shakti Mills compound in central Mumbai on July 31, on Monday completed her deposition before a sessions court.
The defence lawyers had last month sought time from the court to cross-examine the survivor. During her examination by the prosecution, the girl had sought court`s permission to beat up the accused in the court.
The police had arrested Mohammed Ashfaq Sheikh, Mohamed Kasim Hafiz Sheikh alias Kasim Bangali, Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav- in connection with this case.
On October 8, the police had filed a 362 pages charge sheet against the four accused in the case.
Three accused in this case were also allegedly involved in the gang-rape of a photojournalist on the same premises on August 22.
The journalist, who was interning with an English magazine in the city, was gangraped by five persons, including a juvenile, when she had gone to the deserted mill compound with her male colleague on an assignment. The accused had tied up the victim`s colleague with belts and allegedly raped her.
The accused, Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Siraj Rehman have been charged with rape, conspiracy, common intention, unnatural sex and charges under Information Technology Act in the journalist gangrape case.
The Mumbai Crime Branch had on September 19 filed a 600-page chargesheet against the four accused in the August 22 case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand