Temple trust alleges illegal sale of land to Rane`s wife
Mumbai: A temple trust situated in Mahabaleshwar has filed a petition in the Bombay High Court alleging that a piece of land belonging to it was illegally sold to Nilima Rane, wife of Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane.
The division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice Dhananjay Chandchud today deferred the hearing beyond Diwali vacation, but directed that no development should be
carried out on the land in the meanwhile.
`Shri-Kshetra Mahabaleshwar Devasthan Trust`, the petitioner, manages several temple properties in and around Mahabaleshwar, a popular hill station in western Maharashtra.
Petition claims that the land in question – survey number 109 -- was "Inam Land" (land granted to temple by local ruler), and was in trust`s possession from the days of King
However, last year, the trust came to know that in the `record of rights`, a mutation entry was effected on June 9 2008, showing that this land, admeasuring around two acre, was
now in the name of one Mahesh B Panchal, resident of Vasai near Mumbai. Further, the entry showed that out of this, half an acre land (18 R) had been sold by Panchal to Nilima
According to advocate Nitin Jamdar, petitioner`s lawyer, the change in the land record came about without any notice to the Trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad