Ten killed as bus falls into gorge in Maharashtra`s Satara district
Satara: Ten persons were killed and about 30 injured when a Mumbai-bound private luxury bus turned turtle and fell into a gorge in Khandala taluka of the district, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place last night bus when the went off the road and hurtled down the 20ft gorge. The driver lost control at a steep curve after a container vehicle moving ahead of it rammed a car.
The bus was believed to be carrying tourists from Gujarat and the injured were being treated in hospitals at Khandala and Shirval, officials said.
Nine persons were killed on the spot in a similar accident involving a private vehicle last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof