Ten lakh saplings to be planted in green drive
Thane: Ten lakh saplings will be planted
by Rotary Clubs in cities of Thane and Mumbai on July 9 as part of efforts to spread awareness about the environment.
"Nearly 12,000 members of the Rotary Clubs from the
two districts, besides others from the extended rotary family,
had approached various agencies, NGOs, local self bodies to
make this event a memorable one," Manisha Kondaskar, chairman
of the initiative titled "Haritkranti-Green Revolution," said
The drive will focus mainly on Thane district as there
were inadequate vacant spaces in Mumbai district, she said,
adding that the plantation will be done on land allotted by
state government agencies.
The Forest department, MMRDA, Thane Zilla Parishad
and other municipal councils are partnering with the Rotary in
Appealing citizens to come forward to adopt the
saplings, Kondaskar said various places in Thane district had
been identified for the purpose.
Milind Ballal, who is closely associated with the
project, said most of the saplings will be planted on July 9
itself and every preparation has been made for the sake.
The spade work for the drive has been going on since
the last eight months, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP