Ten workers die in wall collapse in Thane
Thane: Ten workers were buried alive when
the protection wall at a construction site here collapsed due
to heavy rains this afternoon, police said.
So far 10 bodies have been pulled out from the site in
Mira Bhayander, a suburb of Mumbai, and two injured have been
admitted to a local hospital, they said, adding some people
are still feared to have been trapped in the debris.
All the deceased are construction workers. A relief
and rescue operation has been launched by the Fire Brigade and
police with the help of locals, they said.
Fire Brigade sources said they received a call around
2.30 am about the incident and five fire engines were rushed
to the scene.
The workers had put up transit huts at the site and
were taking rest when the protection wall fell on them.
It was not immediately known how many labourers were
present at the construction spot, being developed by Rizvi
Builders, they said.
The district has been receiving heavy rainfall since
the morning, flooding low-lying areas and disrupting traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Islamic State men were planning to attack police station in Hyderabad after making powerful bombs: Report
- Pakistani TV actor shot in Karachi
- As Virat Kohli and co prepare for WI tour, MS Dhoni enjoys bike ride in Ranchi rain
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer