Ten workers die in wall collapse in Thane
Thane: Ten workers were buried alive when
the protection wall at a construction site here collapsed due
to heavy rains this afternoon, police said.
So far 10 bodies have been pulled out from the site in
Mira Bhayander, a suburb of Mumbai, and two injured have been
admitted to a local hospital, they said, adding some people
are still feared to have been trapped in the debris.
All the deceased are construction workers. A relief
and rescue operation has been launched by the Fire Brigade and
police with the help of locals, they said.
Fire Brigade sources said they received a call around
2.30 am about the incident and five fire engines were rushed
to the scene.
The workers had put up transit huts at the site and
were taking rest when the protection wall fell on them.
It was not immediately known how many labourers were
present at the construction spot, being developed by Rizvi
Builders, they said.
The district has been receiving heavy rainfall since
the morning, flooding low-lying areas and disrupting traffic.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours