Tension in Mumbai’s Sewree after clash between two groups; 36 arrested
Mumbai: A heated argument over petty issues
between two groups led to clashes between them, resulting in a
riot like situation in a sensitive Sewree area in central
Mumbai following which 36 persons have been arrested for
rioting and injuring cops, police said on Wednesday.
According to them, a group of boys had passed some
comments on another group of boys on Sunday night following
which they had a fight.
Last night, a teenager was walking on the road when some
boys pushed him after which he complained to his parents,
Following both these incidents, two groups -- each
containing at least 30 persons -- clashed last night and
pelted stones and bottles at each other, resulting in tension
on Sewree road.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik reached the spot
to bring the situation under control by 2.00 am.
A few policemen were injured and some public and private
vehicles were damaged during the clashes, police said adding
that at least 36 persons have been arrested so far.
The accused were booked under the charges of rioting,
assault or criminal force to deter public servant from
discharge of his duty and causing hurt to deter public servant
from his duty at the RAK Marg Police Station, police said
adding further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi