‘Terror attack failure of policy not intelligence’
Mumbai: The serial blasts in Mumbai were a failure of policy and not just intelligence, veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said on Thursday. He also alleged that Pakistan could be sustaining the Indian Mujahideen, being blamed by some for the triple bombings the day before.
"It is a policy failure not intelligence failure. There have been repeated attacks on Mumbai, this is a failure of policy," Advani said at a press conference after visiting the injured in various hospitals. At least 17 people were killed and 131 injured in the blasts Wednesday evening.
"I condemn the incident, but along with that appeal to the government that you should have an attitude of zero tolerance towards terrorism," he said.
Advani quoted reports of a probable link between the blast and the Indian Mujahideen (IM) and said even if it were behind the attack it was being sustained by Pakistan.
"I don`t know if it is Indian Mujahideen, even if IM, they get sustenance from Pakistan. The last attack on our land is proved to have been engineered by the ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence)," Advani said.
The BJP leader said the government of India should take strong actions to get Pakistan`s intelligence agency ISI declared a terrorist organisation and stop talks with the country until concrete steps against terror were taken.
"So far as India is concerned, the government of India should shed its ambivalence to terrorism," Advani said, adding that India`s should have a zero tolerance policy towards terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog