Thackeray attacks Congress` `dynasty` politics
Mumbai: Bal Thackeray, whose son and grandson occupy important positions in the Shiv Sena, on Friday attacked the "dynasty" politics of Congress president Sonia Gandhi saying it was taking the country down the dumps.
However, he claimed there was no dynasty politics in Shiv Sena.
"Rahul Gandhi harbours ambition of becoming the Prime Minister. Sonia has become everything and is proceeding in an autocratic manner," he said in the first part of a marathon interview published today in his party mouthpiece "Saamana".
Thackeray also said that Priyanka Vadra is coming up in politics "like another Indira Gandhi".
"Rahul wants to become the PM. Is the PM`s post like some chair in Bhendi Bazaar area?" he said referring to a market in Mumbai.
By the same breath, he claimed, "There is no dynasty (politics) in Thackerays. He said he did not nominate son Uddhav (Executive President) or grandson Aditya (head of the Yuva Sena) to the positions in the party held by them in the Shiv Sena.
It may be recalled Bal Thackeray`s nephew Raj, who heads the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, left the Shiv Sena after Uddhav was made the Executive President a few years ago.
In the interview, Thackeray said there was no leadership in Maharashtra now. "Why only Maharashtra, there is no leadership in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH