Thackeray backs Advani on comments about UPA govt
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who had criticised senior BJP leader LK Advani for his controversial blog, on Saturday supported him on the `illegitimate` UPA government comment.
"In democracy, some words may have been termed unparliamentary and Advani had to swallow them, but the truth won`t be suppressed because of that," Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece, `Saamana`.
"It may have been a slip of tongue but the bitter Truth came out of Advani`s mouth," Thackeray said. It is not as if there was a need (for Advani) to swallow those words later, he added.
Thackeray lauded Advani`s speech on the Assam issue, saying illegal immigration was encouraged by the Congress for vote-bank politics and is to blame for the violence in that state.
The UPA-II government was illegitimate, Thackeray said, adding it was using the CBI illegally.
Earlier this week, in hard-hitting comments, Thackeray asserted that Advani`s musings on the outcome of the 2014 polls in his blog was "demoralising" for opposition NDA and likened the assessment to an Army General saying before a war that there is no guarantee on the outcome.
"This is like a General saying before a war that there is no guarantee on the outcome and demoralising the entire Army," Thackeray had said in `Saamana`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow